COVID-19 Update for Our Valued Patients
We’ve missed seeing our patients’ beautiful smiles! That’s why we’re thrilled to announce we can begin seeing you in our office again starting on June 1!
At Ballwin Dental Care, we have been infection control specialists for more than 50 years. Now in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak, there is even more we can do. Most of you have not been to our new location, so we want to walk you through the office and get you acclimated and explain our new COVID-19 policies. Here is what we are doing to protect patients as well as our staff:
When you come in for your next appointment, you will notice the following new procedures:
- When confirming your appointment you will be asked a few questions about your risk and possible exposure to COVID-19. If you have any symptoms we will ask you to contact your physician and reschedule your appointment
- Our spacious new office was MADE for social distancing. There is plenty of room to allow for social distancing and we now have a separate entrance and exit. Your exposure to our staff as well as other patients will be limited
- We are trying to eliminate as many things as possible that you will have to touch. So, with that in mind, prior to your appointment, please complete/update your medical history and sign the COVID 19 consent form online. Also, please alert us to any insurance or address changes
- When you arrive at our office do not exit your vehicle. Please call or text us at 636-227-2552 and tell us that you have arrived as well as your vehicle’s make and color. Also, let us know what payment method you will be using. (CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD, OR CARE CREDIT ONLY)
- Again, please stay in your car until our concierge arrives to greet you. Upon greeting you at your car, if you have not done so online, we will have a consent form for you to sign. We will also take your temperature, give you your very own hand sanitizer, and we will provide you with a mask should you not have one of your own
- No one, including our staff, with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be allowed to enter our building. If you do have a temperature over 100.4 we will require you to reschedule your appointment and ask that you contact your doctor
- Once our curb-side concierge has gathered all the information, they will escort you into the building – opening all doors for you to eliminate your need to touch anything in the process
- Someone will escort you to your treatment room which has been sterilized above and beyond the CDC, ADA, and OSHA requirements
- Our entire staff will be wearing masks and face shields or safety eyewear
We feel these increased safety measures will further protect the health of our patients and staff. If you have any questions, please call us at 636-227-2552. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces again!