Dental cleanings differ from your at-home dental routine of brushing and flossing. During your dental cleaning, our hygienists will perform the following:
- Removal of plaque to prevent gum inflammation and periodontal disease
- Removal of calculus (tartar) formed from plaque to prevent gingivitis
- Teeth polishing to remove stains and plaque
It is important that your teeth are regularly cleaned. Effective removal of plaque and calculus can only be done in a dentist office with the use of ultrasonic tools and specialized instruments.
Dental exams are performed at your regularly scheduled checkup appointments at Ballwin Dental Care. All regular checkup appointments will include the following:
- Dental examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Examination of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Examination of the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: Examination of all tooth surfaces for decay with specialized instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Examination of current fillings, crowns, bridges, etc.
Schedule a dental appointment with Drs. Simonds, Gennaoui, and Schrameyer soon so you can receive a thorough dental exam and teeth cleaning in Ballwin, Missouri, that helps to maintain your oral health!